Thursday, September 15, 2005

 

50 things about JacklynHyde

One of my friends made a list of 100 things about herself, but I decided to be brief for my version. Hopefully everyone on Dandelionfiles will give this a shot?

  1. I am who I am
  2. I am a writer
  3. Two of my pieces have been published
  4. Both of them were about someone who died
  5. He’s been gone almost eight years
  6. Sometimes it’s tough to recall his face
  7. I’ve been singing all my life
  8. I’ve been singing well since I was 16
  9. I tend to use performance to hide
  10. Nobody knows how shy I can be
  11. I recently moved to Ohio
  12. I miss Philadelphia
  13. I had few friends left there when I moved
  14. My brother moved out of state before I did
  15. He also got married first
  16. This is okay
  17. My sister in law is the sister I’ve always wanted
  18. I am getting married next summer
  19. Marriage is more important the wedding
  20. The wedding is mostly for my parents
  21. My fiancé makes up for my deficits
  22. I am more social than my fiancé
  23. He is more practical than I am
  24. I am afraid that I’ll be a terrible wife
  25. Cooking and cleaning annoy me
  26. It’s tough to get motivated
  27. I’m working part time in a wine shop
  28. My knowledge of wine is getting better
  29. I’ve met some great people in the shop
  30. I haven’t been social with them
  31. My fiancé would rather stay home and watch a DVD
  32. Romantic comedies make me cry
  33. I can be very lonely at times
  34. I don’t make friends easily
  35. I’ve started substitute teaching
  36. Both of my parents are teachers
  37. They don’t understand why I can’t get a full time job
  38. My student teaching left me unsure if I can teach
  39. My gut tells me to get over it and get into a classroom
  40. My mother is in poor health
  41. Most of her problems are due to her weight
  42. I’ve tried to help her change her eating habits
  43. I’m bracing for her to die younger than she should
  44. My father is too stubborn to die young
  45. He is very like his mother was
  46. She has Alzheimer’s now
  47. I am terrified of inheriting this illness
  48. I do crossword puzzles to keep my brain working
  49. My late grandfather was a crossword puzzle addict
  50. He would have loved my fiancé

Comments:
Cool post--are you feeling all right, lady?
 
I'm just fine, lady! Confessionalist writing styles just make me a little maudlin, that's all.
 
I read about what happened with your car, though--sounds like it's been a bummer week. Hopefully things will look up soon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?