Tuesday, September 06, 2005

 

But Seriously Folks

BLOG PSA: Please do your part to help the folks in New Orleans. God knows FEMA isn't. At least Bush is FINALLY getting called on his mistakes (I wondered if he had more teflon than Reagan did!). Contact the Red Cross, follow the link Jacklyn posted...anything you can. Those people are in a fix and they deserve all the help they can get.

OK--so's I'm not that good at being too serious. My other blog, "Dandelion Wine" (www.dandelionsinbloom.com) was supposed to be a serious blog--but I'm going to be straight with you--I can be very serious, but I've learned the hard way that sometimes the only way to deal with anything is to laugh at it. As Molly Ivins put it, "It's so much better for you than crying or throwing up".

COMING SOON. A touching, nature oriented piece (that may indeed be making fun of a certain network)that deals with the sensitive issue of the relationship between bugs and humans:

I like to call it "WHEN BUTTERFLIES ATTACK"

Comments:
Here's an address in Baton Rouge for direct donations of goods:

The Downtown Churches Distribution Center for Refugee Needs
St. James Episcopal Manship Ministries Center
P.O. Box 3011, Baton Rouge, LA 70821

They need clothing (baby clothes, children's clothes, adult clothing: comfortable ones like shorts and T-shirts), bed linens, blankets, towels, toiletries, etc. Mark what you're sending on the box so it can be sorted more easily. Personally, I'm planning on getting a bunch of new underwear and sending that. I have a feeling the Salvation Army doesn't have a lot of undergarments.
 
I'm sending whatever I can!

Thanks for that address!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?