Thursday, October 06, 2005

 

7 Things

Uh, Oh--Another list of Challenges from Jacklyn!

7 things I plan to do before I die
1.) Travel everywhere--I haven't travelled outside North America!
2.) Publish a novel and some short stories laying about
3.) Be wise.
4.) Get to the point where I can actually USE the languages I learned.
5.) have a child?!? (Maybe?)
6.) Finish my doctorate/get tenure/inspire students to go further than I ever could
7.) Work on an archeological dig or two

7 things I can do right now:
1.) A cartwheel
2.) Find interesting connections between seemingly
unrelated topics and come up with new solutions and possibilities to examine.
3.) Write entire books that don't completely suck
4.) Plan a study
5.) Love well
6.) Laugh at just about anything
7.) See situations from multiple points of view

7 things I can't do
1.) Change the past
2.) Make someone love me who doesn't
3.) Refuse a cat
4.) Forget folk who mean something to me
5.) Make myself not have MS
6.) Feel like anything except like an asshole for being petty, cruel, or using a snappy comeback
7.) Be normal (I've tried, really!)

Phrases overused:
1.) "it's all good" 4.) "I'll keep that in mind" 7.) Heh, heh, heh
2.) "What fresh Hell is this?" 5.) "(insert curse word here:)"
3.) "Howdy" 6.) "Meow?"

Celebrity crushes:
Honestly, celebrities don't turn me on. They're pretty, but that's about it.

Now--other Dandelion Folk--YOUR TURN

Comments:
If you'll notice, most of the celebrity crushes are more mental than anything. I have a mad passion for comedy! May I suggest everyone go see "The Aristocrats"?
 
That's true--I just couldn't think of anyone I'd actually want to sleep with, that's all:). I wanted to be honest.

OK--mental crushes--I must admit I find Owen Wilson and Joaquim Phoenix pretty delectable, and Neil Gaiman's always been completely amazing (he's married with kids though--I felt guilty even thinking about him that way, like a mental homewrecker!)
 
Jon Stewart's going to be a father for the second time, but I STILL have the right to consider his wit and brain as "hot as all getout". It's also a throwback to my former fetish for Jewish comedians as dating material. Actually dating one solved that.
 
You both must visit the deeply hysterical celebmatch.com if you haven't already. I hate to break your heart, Lynx, but *I* am 98% compatible with Joaquin Phoenix! Ha! (& also "compatible" with four other guys I didn't have a clue who they were... so much for the "celeb" part)
The compatibility is of course based on "biorhythms" or some astrology-related crap... but I have to admit that if Joaquin Phoenix had it in him to swoon for an overweight, middle-aged, completely unfamous Ohioan, I sure hope he would pick me. If nothing else, so I could let him down gently and have a story to tell my friends' grandkids. Just thinkin'.
And Jacklyn, I saw Jon Stewart on Letterman the other night and thought, Hmm, I think I understand what the fuss is... man looks good in a suit and obviously is smart as hell. How often do those two coincide?
 
Sigh--once again I must admit that The Rabbi is right--Jon Stewart is absolutely fantasizable:). I really respect what he's done since he joined the Daily Show (and his books are cool, too!).

I suppose I shall have to live with the fact the Surtsey Islander was meant to have Joaquim, not me:). How will I live with myself?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?