Tuesday, January 03, 2006

 

Doing the right thing?

Some of you know I'm heavily considering going back to school (again) to complete a MA in Special Education. Today I subbed in a class filled with emotionally disturbed Special Education students. Two of them popped back flips in the room, and one forgot to take his anti-psychotics this morning. They tried to talk over my head in slang, but were shocked to find out that I understood every word they were saying ("Just because I'm an adult doesn't mean I'm stupid").

Were they this out of control because I couldn't handle them, or merely because they weren't my full time students to teach? They were mostly good boys, but MAN, I felt powerless compared to the two aides in the room!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?